In this episode, I spent some time asking our 20 Questions for Ministry Leaders to Pastor Kevin Folger. I appreciate him spending his time with us to invest in us and our ministries.
About our Guest:
Pastor Kevin Folger is the Senior Pastor of Cleveland Baptist Church in Cleveland, OH. Pastor Folger graduated from Baptist Bible College in 1978. He joined the staff of Cleveland Baptist as an associate in May of 1978. In 1990, he became co-pastor with Dr. Roy Thompson. In 1995, Dr. Thompson resigned as pastor to pursue missions, and the church called Kevin Folger to become senior pastor. Pastor Folger and his wife, Denise, have three children and ten grandchildren.
What’s in this episode: (20 Questions)
- Who is Kevin Folger? Give us your quick autobiography.
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you as a Christian leader? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- If you had only 2 minutes to tell someone about Cleveland Baptist Church, how would you describe it?
- Do you have a mission/vision statement for your church? How do you infuse it into the culture and programs of the church?
- What are the most important decisions you make as a leader?
- How do you go about long-range and short-term planning?
- What is your persective on “in-the-box” and “out-of-the-box” thinking in church ministry? Does creativity have a place in your ministry?
- In what ways do you see that churches could change without compromising Biblically?
- How do you navigate change in your church?
- Question submitted by listener, Mike Kleitz – What advice would you give to other pastors about having a son, or another family member on staff? (As far as family vs. ministry time)
- What does your spiritual leadership look like at home with your family?
- What is your advice for better time management and ministry/life balance?
- What factors are currently negatively affecting the spiritual health of your church?
- What are you doing to create intentional multi-generational connections among your church members?
- Do you believe that door to door evangelism is the most effective form of outreach? What else are you doing to reach your community?
- What is one mistake that you witness ministry leaders make more frequently than other mistakes?
- If you could give one piece of advice to future ministry leaders, what would you say to them?
- What are a few resources you would recommend to someone looking to gain insight into becoming a better leader?
- Question submitted by listener Terry Basham – Why do Independent Baptists tend to organize into fellowships to create parachurch organizations (ex. Heartland Baptist Bible College), and then criticize the SBC for doing the same thing? Is it because IFB’s want to be officially part of something bigger than the local church?
- What do you want your ministry legacy to be?
Links & Resources mention during the episode:
This episode was made possible through the generosity of our Patreon Supporters! You can join the growing number of supporters at MinistryConnectionPodcast.com/Patreon or click the link below! Thank you!