Listen to the podcast.
In this episode of the podcast I’m going to address the subject of the church calendar. Some of our church calendars closely resemble an episode of Hoarders. We need to admit that there is a problem and begin to sort through our calendar and seek the Lord in determining what needs to be kept, given away or trashed. I’ll be giving you 7 steps to help you achieve a simpler church calendar.
The 7 Steps:
1. Pray and ask God for His will and wisdom.
2. Establish a church mission statement and filter every activity and event through it.
3. List out all of your activities and events that you are currently doing and decide if you are going to keep, trash or give them away.
4. Remember that the church people are to live out their Christian lives on mission for God outside of the walls of the church.
5. Consider changing the frequency with which you have your recurring events.
6. Only considering adding events during a specified planning month.
7. Don’t be afraid to schedule special activities and events at a time when your church people are already assembling.
Listen to the episode to hear the specifics that I suggest under those main points.
If you have any thoughts on the steps that I mentioned in the episode or you have some ideas on simplifying your church calendar that have been successful for you, consider leaving feedback over on the feedback page.
I’ll be sharing your feedback in an upcoming episode.
I’ll be sharing with you soon a special post to help you know how you can listen to the podcast no matter what type of device you have.
Thanks for listening and until next time, keep serving Jesus!
Click on the “Click to Tweet” button below to share this tweet with your followers!
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes below.
- Call (317) 560-4048 to leave a voicemail.
- Email feedback@MinistryConnectionPodcast.com
- Record feedback using the button on the right side of the page ———>